Tuesday 4 June 2013

Sorella!

image
image
image

My beautiful and effervescent Ellie stopped in Bristol for a tragically fleeting four hours last week on the sunniest Saturday, bringing with her characteristic joy and fun, homemade scones and a lot of laughter.I hadn’t smiled so widely in weeks and her brief visit reminded me how lucky I am to have a best friend who also happens to share my genes!

We squeezed in a Brandon Hill picnic (is there a greater joy in life?), jumping on my already creaky bed (to spite the useless landlord?), a game of Rummy (Will is the most unsporting player because he doesn’t know the rules, which is fair enough, but Ellie and I like to taunt him), a bus trip (exciting!), a Lover’s Walk stroll (another of life’s most wonderful things), blueberries and tea with Philly (yum) and a stop to buy novels at the two-pound-bookshop (thrilling!)

Thanks for visiting, E. It was the very best day!

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird